August 9, 2010

Summer Vacation (Part 1-Salem & Portland)

We were absolutely blessed to be able to go on a 10 day vacation in July! We saved a long time for this and it was one of the best times EVER as a family. The boys were so well behaved despite being out of routine and we just had so much fun! The first week was spent visiting my college roommate, Chris and her family. She's known me since I was 17 and she was 18! I try and visit Oregon every two years for several reasons. First, it's one of my favorite places with tons of people there that I love and adore. I have so many fond memories of my 3 years that I lived there and graduated college. Also, I have relatives in Portland...I am especially close with my Uncle Fred (my dad's brother) and his wife, Marybeth. And this past May, Curt's brother, travis, moved to Portland so that's even MORE of an excuse (not that we needed more!) to plan a vacation there!
Here are lots of pictures that capture some excellent memories!
(sidenote: not sure why the first half of the pics are really small and the second half aren't. Oh well! You can double click on them to see them full size)

PLANE RIDE!!

On the airplane to PORTLAND, OR.


exciting stuff out the window!


First time Abram is ever on an airplane...


He loved being on the plane and was a
PERFECT BABY on all our flights!




These are our very special friends, Matt and Chris (I call her Neels)


Marshall who is 3 years old


Neels with Reagan...Reagan is 15 months old


Look at that face!


Climbing trees in their backyard on 4th of july!


Asher's first time climbing a tree!



FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS!

Helping Matt with fireworks...


cool...


really cool...


Neels and Marshall


LOTS of fireworks...it's not illegal in Oregon!


Watching the fireworks together!



First day...relaxing in the morning
and the portland zoo in the afternoon...

Breakfast time...

PORTLAND ZOO our first full day in oregon...

Reagan and Abram relaxing...


The dinosaur exibit at the zoo.


mommy & Abram...so chill and relaxed!


Asher LOVED the dinosaur exibit!

PLAYDATE with some college friends & children...

Aubrey, my other college roommate my senior year
and her baby girl born a few days before Abram!


Playdate!

Foolin' around...

Jammin'


Go Marshall...bang those drums!


Grooving to their own beat!


Reagan loved Abram!


Those are some serious lolipops!


Marshall concentrating hard on his paint...




Reagan loving on Curt!

This is the only picture from my camera of our time with the Bachran's...they tried to send me some of their's but I still can't download them...SAD!


My Favorite picture!! MINI CURT!

PORTLAND on our 2nd to last day...
spending the morning birthday shopping
for me at J. Crew to see Curt's brother
(he is a manager there and always
buys me clothes for my birthday!)
Then seeing the chicken coop and
eating lunch & hangin' with my Uncle & Aunt...

Asher is brave to touch the worms!




My Boys...


I love this picture.


Asher was just smitten with my Uncle's wife, Marybeth! I love her!


This is too cute!



BACK IN SALEM...

What a cute picture!


Uncle Travis came down to Salem for a couple hours
and Asher got to cuddle & read!










Marshall having fun!


This was the best attempt at everyone looking!


A friendship that will last a lifetime!


Saying goodbye to Marshall!



Waiting for take off in a big boy seat...flying to San Diego!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Very fun...the pics on the plane are great. :)