March 13, 2011

SNOW....times two!

We have had some strange weather in Tucson this "winter"...we have had tons of snow dumped on our mountains this season and that is one of my favorites sights! There is nothing like our Catalina mountains covered in snow. Something even more unusual happened...something that has only happened twice now in my 30 years of being born and raised in Tucson, AZ....it snowed and it STUCK TO THE GROUND. That is such a rarity for us and such a treat!

At the beginning of the year, it snowed and stuck to the ground in a town about 30 minutes north of Tucson called Oracle. My friend, Katie, and I packed our four boys into my van and drove out there to play in the snow. Asher and Abram had never seen snow so I was pretty excited. We had a BLAST! Abram got really cold and that made him super upset after about 15 to 20 minutes, but Asher couldn't get enough




Snowball fight!!




Abram was not happy...he wanted warmth!


yes, I am wearing Abram's socks on my hands!
We are not prepared for this weather people!


Making snow angels!


My darling friend, katie!


Wyatt (asher's friend) and Asher











Then just recently...only 2 weeks ago, it snowed at my house and stuck to the ground. I drove 1.5 miles down the road to a golf course which has a man-made lake (not sure that's really what you would call it!) and got some beautiful pictures that I am pretty proud of.


right outside my house...there's not a lot but it's still so pretty!


such a pretty morning...




View of Pusch Ridge


I don't know why I love this pic, but I do!


the "lake" at the golf course.




My favorite of all! So beautiful!

2 comments:

Nikus said...

Those are some great photos Chels! The boys looked like they were having fun, well, Asher was. It was definitely a crazy day! Glad you got to enjoy it.

Jenny vick said...

so so amazing! a cactus..and snow! the perfect pair! p.s. I loved seeing you smile too...i can hear your laugh by just looking at some of those pictures ;)