November 22, 2007

El Tour De Tucson

Happy Thanksgiving! This actually isn't a "thanksgiving" post, though! I wanted to share some pictures below of the El Tour De Tucson bike race that I was in last Saturday, Nov. 17th. My dad and I participated and it was something he coached me in and helped train me for 3 months! This is the biggest bike race in the NATION.....people from all over the world and US fly in for it and there were just under 10,000 bikers this year!
Starting line for 66 mile race


My dad and I before the race


Power to the Rider!


Getting my good luck kiss from my boy!





my dad and I had mouths full of snickers in this shot!


Our faithful and loyal fans...Leighton, Heidi & Avalonne
(my bro's wife & children)


The two boys....aren't they CUTE?!


Papa Jack with Asher....more loyal fans!


Curt and Avalonne waiting for me to come by...


Nothing like a big bottle of gaterade!



My friend, Carrie, that I ride with...she's the BOMB!




This is what happens when you ride in Tucson,
even with sunscreen on!

2 comments:

Jenny vick said...

ok...i tried to leave a comment before but my kids started fighting...and here they go again
:) It's amazing how active you are. I think you might be a little crazy :) It's fun to see how much you are doing...and it's amazing how much Asher looks like Curt. I'm glad that he is feeling better :)

Lara said...

You go girl! You inspire me!
Love ya!