November 30, 2009

Moby Wrap

My dear friend, Laura Rollman, gave me a wonderful and extremely practical gift that I love so much. It's called the Moby Wrap. I have never seen anyone in the southwest wear one and I attribute that to the fact that most of the year, it is too hot to wear one of these. However, if you are lucky like me and have your baby in the winter, you can get excellent use out of this. Here is what it looks like:



Laura, Abram and I

It's 6 or 6.5 yards of any fabric of your choice and then to make it pretty, you sew a square pc. of another fabric in the exact middle of it. I think that pc. of fabric is to help you know where to place the moby on you when you start to wrap it around your self.
If you don't have one of these, you should get it, but only if your baby is a newborn or under 16 lbs. I think you can go to mobywrap.com.
Thank you so much Laura for a wonderful gift! I walked around Walmart for well over an hour and had multiple women tell me what a great idea it was...then I took Asher and Abram to Starbucks this morning with Abram in it. You are right, though, you do get some funny looks! Mostly just people very curious about the baby inside!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the solo picture of you and I am sooo glad you are enjoying the Moby. It's 6 or 6.5 yards of fabric though - not just one. And the "official" ones from Moby.com don't have a pretty decorative piece of fabric. That was one of my friend's ideas here. Enjoy snuggling with Abram, even as you get weird looks.

AZChelsea said...

Thanks for pointing out that it is more than one yard! I changed that in my post. I wore it again twice yesterday! A lot of people are curious about it and ask me questions. Too funny! I love it!