May 3, 2010

I've been thinking....I don't really want to spend the effort, energy and time it takes on the computer updating my blog, my phanfare, facebook, etc. I have been feeling like I want my life to be a bit more private. Not sure what to do though. I started blogging because it re-connected me with so many old college friends and I certainly enjoy reading their blogs. I started facebook after my 10 year high school reunion and reconnected with a lot of old high school friends and then way more old college friends. Plus it has kept me connected with some of my cousins around the globe that I would not keep in touch with if it weren't for facebook. Conflicted=me.
Every time I am on the computer it takes time away from things I really need to be doing. However, I do want to have some sort of outlet where I can just play around and do something brainless. That used to be my People Magazine but I had to get rid of that when Asher kept trying to look at it. I don't want to become a slave to TV. In fact, Curt and I are going to get rid of our cable at the end of this month and I am actually look forward to that.
Asher is more demanding of my time, which is ok and to be expected. he really wants me to be on the floor with him playing with his matchbox cars or roaring away with his dinosaurs...times like that are special to me and I don't want to miss them because I am on the computer.

Anyway, moving on...

Asher is 3 and a half years old going on 12. Today Curt came home for lunch and we were eating at the table and Asher was begging to watch a video (he already watched a cartoon earlier)...Curt told him no because it was time for his nap. Asher burst into these dramatic tears and we just ignored him. Finally with his lower lip hanging out he said to Curt, "I'm not happy with you." He proceeded to walk out of the kitchen to his bedroom and we hear the door close. Then we burst into laughter and couldn't stop and started talking about how silly and funny Asher is. Next thing we know he opened his door and yelled, "don't talk about me!" and closed it again. Of course we laughed even harder and finally he came back out to the kitchen with a big grin and said, "what are you laughing about?"....My son should be an actor.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree with the whole private vs. connections thing. That is basically why I never go on facebook. Internet stuff can just eat up too much time, especially when laundry needs to be done, toys put away, dishwasher unloaded, etc etc. We got rid of cable a year ago and miss it only once it a while but not having it is so much better and affordable.