June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

No...it's not my birthday...or Asher's...or anyone else's in my immediate family. My wonderful dad turned 60 on June 6th. We got together this past weekend and had a family Bar-B-Que. It was 100 degrees out! Actually in the shade it wasn't too bad. The kids went swimming with my dad and Abram went in the little pool for the first time too. The menu consisted of BBQ chicken, baked beans, potato salad, homemade ice cream and I made my famous homemade german chocolate cake.
My dad has always been in amazing shape. He was an avid running, running 6 miles a day when I was in middle school and high school. He's always been an avid cyclist my whole life and long before I came along. When I was in college and beyond, he was ranked nationally in his age group (one of the top 3) as a mountain biker...yeah, he's pretty crazy. When I think of all he's done and still does exercise wise, he's such an inspiration. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dad! I hope I will be as active at 60 years old.


Mouth watering BBQ chicken!




My bro and his wife, Heidi.


QT with Aunt Heidi!



Splashing the water!


SOOOO Sweet!








Yeah, I forgot Asher's bathing suit so he is in his underwear!

1 comment:

Jenn Lamb said...

looks like a you had a really fun day with family!