September 30, 2007
Can I share something with you? I'm not sure I will normally use this blog for a "journal" entry, but I came across something I just felt compelled to share....I am studying in Exodus, Leviticus and a hand full of other books of the Bible in the Old Testament... today's focus was on the different kinds of offerings the Israelites offered to God in the newly built tabernacle. So I was blown away that when a person offered a burnt offering perhaps to atone for their sin, they would have to find a young animal with no blemishes....perfect infact....and they themselves (not the priest!) would have to put the animal on the altar, hold it's head (probably while this little animal tried to get away!) and with their free hand they would kill the animal! So this innocent life was taken for the person who committed the sin! How bad we would feel if we had to kill an innocent animal today because of our yucky sin! I couldn't look that animal in the eye while I would have to hold its head! It blows my mind that Jesus Christ would sacrifice himself to atone for my sin! Mind boggling....I did nothing to deserve His unbelieveable grace and mercy....I feel totally humbled and so blessed.....who am I?...seriously, Who am I? It reminds me of the first few lines of a Casting Crowns song, "Who am I that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt. Who am I that the eyes that see my sin would look on me with love and watch me rise again." What an AWESOME God I serve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your heart and being so honest. It is very encouraging to me! The Beth Moore study has been amazing and convicting to my heart as well.
I can't imagine sacrificing an animal! There is less urgency now and I feel like I don't repent right away because it is not necessary, b/c God does not demand ongoing sacrifices! So this becomes a figurative sacrifice rather than a literal sacrifice!
Christ is our atonement once and for all! He was the perfect sacrifice! Wow, this is hard for me to comprehend! I feel so loved yet at the same time so undeserving of this amazing gift!
Post a Comment