February 3, 2009

Puzzles and potty training...

So Asher has become a puzzle whiz....I'm not kidding you! I can't believe my child....he amazes me with something EVERY day. He got 4 puzzles in a box for Christmas and I just pulled them out the other day....there's a train, plane, cruise ship and dump truck. He really works these things... twists and turns the pieces until he fits it together and then claps and yells, "did it mommy!" It's so cool to watch his little brain turning to figure these out.







On to the next thing which I will warn you talks about bodily fluids...
I've always been a firm believer in not pushing my child to do something he doesn't want to do or isn't ready to do. So I had no intention of starting to potty train him because I didn't think he needed to be yet or was ready. But recently he started doing things like going under the table to poop or telling me during or right after that he needed a diaper change. I knew that meant he was a little closer to being ready so I figured I would get a little kids toilet in a couple months so that he could sit on it for fun or we could always talk about it. Anyway, long story short, he spent the night at my parents house last weekend and out of the blue asked them to use the big boy potty and he did! When we picked him up on Sunday, I told Curt we needed to buy him a potty at Target. On Monday, Asher and I made a trip down to Target and we made a big huge deal out of buying a Big boy potty. He used it Monday night and 3 times on Tuesday! I didn't even have to say anything to him about it! So ovbiously he was really ready...more ready than me! Now we start the whole world and process of potty training. It's so fun to see how proud he is at himself. He claps his hands while exclaiming, "YEAH!" and then gives us high fives.

So here are a few pics of his proud moment...



my proud little boy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same potty! :) Congrats on the early accomplishments!! Hopefully it will be easy like my little girl...and NOT so much like the TWINS!!! :) Just don't push...it back-fires...REALLY BAD. :( Miss you. I sometimes listen to Out of Eden and think of you.

Lara said...

Way to go Asher! We are proud of you and so glad we are a part of your life. :) It was fun seeing you guys the other night and I hope to see you soon. Love ya!

SaraJane Campbell said...

Awesome!!!! He is so handsome and I love it when he claps. It is so awesome to see you being a mom, I always knew some special child was going to get an amazing mom. Keep it up!

Chris said...

yay! yeah and it's a process...we've had a few accidents around here! Chels he's looking more like you and less like curt! sorry curt! miss you!

Cristina Camarata said...

WOW! what a big boy! Daniel was just like that--SO easy started 1month after he turned 2 and always gave us high-fives! Congrats!!! Thats a BIG step in a childs life:) And for us moms!!!