July 23, 2009

perspective


They are my inspiration today and one of the reasons I get out of bed in the morning with joy in my heart!

I was reading in Ecclesiastes ch. 12 this morning and there are some amazing words to live by....

I am encouraged and inspired today by these thoughts from Max Lucado's "Grace for the Moment":

-Love God more than you fear hell
-Make major decisions in a cemetery**
-When no one is watching, live as is someone is
-Succeed at home first
-Don't spend tomorrow's money today
-Pray twice as much as you fret
-God has forgiven me; I'd be wise to do the same

** at first I thought this cemetery thing was weird but the more I thought about it the more it made sense.....when we make decisions with the perspective that we aren't here on earth forever, decisions can be looked at from a totally different perspective.
I'm so grateful today!

No comments: