STRESS is what I have been feeling so much lately. I'm not going to go into details because I know we all have our own stress, but I will say I am at my wits end...why don't I do things anymore that help relax me? I can't run anymore and that hasn't helped....but I think I should bust out my guitar and get back into playing....or it would be so fun to get a massage but that's way too expensive and a luxury right now that we can't do. I'm so tired of the job I'm in....who would've thought working in furniture retail was more stressful than working with drug addicts, alcoholics, criminals and people struggling with mental health issues! I know, I know....at least I have a job right now. I have to work hard at being more grateful than complaining about it.
Anyway, I feel overwhelmed and I need to re-prioritize some things and carve out greater quiet times to meditate (that sounds like such a new age term!) and pray.
What am I thankful for today? I am thankful for so many successful years of marriage with my best friend...I know I take him for granted and he still loves me unconditionally! I am so thankful for all that God teaches me through parenting the most beautiful, silly, inquisitive child...he has the greatest sense of humor and brings so much laughter to me. Sometimes it feels like my heart will BURST in the midst of such sweet moments with Asher. I can't help but think that the Lord feels the same way with me when I spend time cultivating our relationship.
I am SO thankful for our little baby boy who is being formed in my womb as I type this (and he's very active right now too!)...there aren't words to describe my gratitude for a healthy pregnancy.
Well, I already feel better after typing out some thoughts. Of course I am thankful for a thousand other things but I will share those this morning. You know, there is one more thing I would be grateful for....if I found $5 laying around and could go to Starbucks and enjoy a drink...but I'm afraid that will have to be wishful thinking!
2 comments:
you're so funny! life is stressful girl...wish i was there to have a Starbucks with you! maybe this summer sometime? let's keep praying about that! love you!
Hey, I sent you a message on your facebook email. I love you girl...and I am coming to visit!!!! :-)
Post a Comment