December 16, 2009

testing, testing....one, two THREE!

Asher is in full force with testing my patience. There are moments it takes everything in me not to scream. You see, I was not born with an abundance of patience and I tell you what....motherhood is challenging for me because of that. I have days where I triumph and feel like I have been a wonderful mother and succeeded in the patience department. Then there are days I go in my bedroom and burst into tears because I feel I failed and was too hard on my 3 year old...and that my expectations of his behavior were too high that day. Can anyone relate? Now more than ever I need Christ's ability to be patient and love beyond any circumstances. I desire to be a safe haven for my boys....loving and kindhearted. I don't want them to grow up thinking I am the mother they could never please....the thought just makes me ill. It is all the more important that I have quiet time to pray and ask for extra patience, kindness and all the other fruits of the Spirit.

Of course there are plenty of moments throughout the day where Asher brings me to me knees in laughter. He is such a card and has the craziest sense of humor.
Here is something funny that happened last night...
I was wrapping Christmas gifts in the bedroom and Curt gave Asher paper and markers to color with at the dining table (he didn't know we had washable markers & gave him the other kind!). Curt was at the computer checking email when I came out of our room.
I immediately saw Asher and stopped in my tracks and said, "what are you doing, bubba??" He just stared at me & I said, "what did you do?" He then proceeds to put his hands out and say, "I'm a football player!" Duh...mommy...I guess I should have known! :)



Here's our football player!


I guess I won't be taking pictures of him for the next several days as these marks have not washed off yet!

No comments: