April 2, 2008

The Choice...another quick book review

Finished The Choice by Nicholas Sparks....okay for those of you who don't know, he is the author of Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember and The Notebook among other books.... He is famous for heartrendering stories! I really enjoyed The Choice...couldn't put it down. I think it's because his characters seem so real....like they are my friends in Tucson or my neighbors. A great book about love found and lost and decisions that we hope we will never have to make!

A friend made a good point in a comment on my last book reviewed....she said it's clear that I only have one child to take care of since I have the opportunity to still read books! I think I am taking advantage of my time now since I love reading so much and know it will only get harder to find time when I have another child! When Asher is asleep, I read like a mad woman and I'm fast! My husband gets irritated because it's easy to ignore him when my head is stuck in a good book!
Chao!

5 comments:

Chris said...

okay i can totally relate to the book thing! i read two books in two days last week! it's a total escape and i love reading during nap times! okay have you read any karen kingsbury books? incredible i think you would really like them!
talk to you soon!

Maureen said...

I loved that Sparks book. I think I neglected all house duties to finish it.

And I agree with Chris. Karen Kingsbury ROCKS!

Kesha Thomas said...

Wow Chels! Good job on reading so faithfully! I wish I read more books. Perhaps I will get one of these books you recommend. I know I can start reading more at night time. For now any free time I have is spent sewing and or baking something!

Anonymous said...

I do have to be honest with you...I LOVE Lori Wick books (yeah, I know...christian romance ahhhh) and on our second honeymoon I took 4! :) About the third day Ryan made a comment to the effect, "Umm babe...I was hoping to spend some quailty time with YOU this trip, not your book in front of your face!";) My comment was pure jelousy! I miss reading so much. IF I can get all the kidos sleeping at once, I am hitting the shower or online. Enjoy this time! It is a blessing!

Lara said...

i think i will pick up this book! i really enjoy reading and currently reading "The Kite Runner"! What a tear jerker it has been for me!
i love ya and so very thankful for you!