April 20, 2008

Stop to smell the flowers......

Don't pay anyone any attention who tells you the desert is ugly....Spring in the desert is so beautiful and produces some of the most vibrant, gorgeous flowers I've ever seen....so I thought I would take the time this morning to stop and sight see. Here is what I found around a 2 mile radius of my home...





These will actually be more open tomorrow...
so I will go back for more pictures!


There were a few Cactus that had white flowers that will bloom
tomorrow and I will go back to take pictures because they
will look just like the first bright pink flowers in this post!
Here is the most important bloom to me! He was trying to
attack my camera this morning while taking pics!

5 comments:

Lara said...

I have been noticing the beautiful flowers that are blooming! I love your pictures and the colors are so vibrant! I need to take some pictures so my family back in the mid-west can see the beauty in the desert! You have inspired me to stop and enjoy God's beauty!

Jenny vick said...

i'm so envious!! we are having snow storms here in April. I posted it on my blog..and after I did...it snowed another 3 inches! Aaarrgg! I'm going to see my sister in North Carolina...so I'm hoping to see some sun there :)

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Yes, what interesting and fun cactus flowers. Cool!

And, no joke, we really did have snow in Salem today.

Kesha Thomas said...

We seriously did! If it weren't for my family (Mom, Brother, Dad, Grandparents etc.) I don't know if I would want to stay in Oregon! Enjoy some warm sunshine for me Chels!

KeriAnn said...

Lovely pics! Flowers are one of the loveliest gifts from God in nature.