I finished a book last week (you know, during all my down time from not having internet!) called The Shack. It was recommended by my dearest college roommate....yeah Chris! So here's the thing. It's about a father who takes 3 of his 5 kids camping before school starts up. Something terrible happens on the camping trip that alters their lives forever, but especially the fathers life. It's about his journey through grief, anger, guilt, etc...here's where it gets a little strange at first. He's invited by God to travel back to the place of tragedy and spends a weekend with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The weirdest thing to get used to is that God first appears to him as a woman, but as you continue to read on, it explains well why that is. So although some of the theology might be a tad odd, it is a beautiful novel filled with love, anger, forgiveness, redemption and faith. The author has an enormous amount of imagination which is so fun! It's not like anything I've ever read. I was challenged on a few different levels regarding forgiveness and holding resentments. I highly recommend this book! Thanks Neely!
Also, here is a picture of my Dare Devil standing on his Lightning McQueen!
2 comments:
Super cute picture... and, should I know who Lightning McQueen is? Is that something that a mother of a boy is supposed to know? I have a lot to learn. I still need to see Shrek all the way through. :)
Rach, Lightning McQueen is the lead red car in the moving "Cars"....I actually haven't even seen "Cars" yet! So don't worry, you not behind on anything! But I will say you NEED to watch Shrek all the way through!!
Post a Comment