Anyway, we had a sort of frustrating past week when so much stuff decided to break down on us, but it all seems so silly to dwell on and get mad...I mean, people are fighting a war in so many countries and someone I love dearly travels outside the Green Zone in Iraq every day to get to the Iraqi court in downtown Baghdad so he can help prosecute insurgents and terrorists. I mean, he has to carry a machine gun every day and duck for cover at the sound of every mortar!
Mmmm.....I'm having a day full of perspective. My broken washing machine just isn't at the top of my concerns right now. But you know what is so amazing? God is the ultimate Provider. In a 24 hour period our vacuum, ice maker, internet and blender issue were totally taken care of! And God even provided enough money (that we weren't expecting to have available) for us to buy a brand new washer! So things are pretty good for me today. I have to give a shout to my dear friends (you know who you are!) who so graciously provided us with a brand new chrome blender just because they wanted to....I am so excited about it that I have pictures below! It's even a food processor too!! It can stir, chop, pulse, process food and crush ice! Thank you guys so much for this wonderful gift! I will enjoy every use of it!


My brother is leaving Iraq on June 7th....he has only one more week in a war zone. God, please protect him and keep him safe as he finishes up his work and travels home to his family who loves him so deeply.
6 comments:
good perspective girl! but i love how God blesses us so! i love how he uses the people around us to minister to us! i love how God is so personal and knew that you needed a blender...it's laughable you know?
good to chat for a bit tonight!
Thanks for the perspective...
What I admire about you is that in the midst of your struggles you find wisdome and perspective. You inspire me! God is so cool how he knows exactly what we need!
oops, I added an "e" to wisdom!
I needed to hear that. WE've discovered a leak in the yard that is turning our grass into a wetland! All I can think of is Caching...how much is this going to set us back. But I must have faith that God..like so many other times..will provide help for this too!
That's awesome, Chels. If only we'd kept an extra one of the 4 blenders we got for our wedding...we'd have given you one. :) Seriously, though, God is good. How cool that He blessed you with a new blender and a new washer! Miss ya. Hopefully, we can get together soon.
Post a Comment