May 28, 2008

An internet junkie?

Man, oh man! I am back among the living! Our internet service was down for 8 days....8 DAYS!!! I've never felt so disconnected from the world outside of my house!! So I pondered many times during those 8 days whether I spend too much time on my computer....and it might be a resounding yes! But I realized the only thing I do on the computer is stay connected with people. I don't actually spend time surfing the web...just emailing and blogging. I figure as long as I am not neglecting my husband or Asher than I have nothing to worry about. So here's an update on my last 8 days....our blender busted (my blender is as important to me as people's morning cup of Java!), our vacuum died, our refridge ice maker stopped working, our internet was down AND our washing machine fritzed out on me today!!! You know what though? I am blessed that I had those things to begin with! My mom-in-law fixed the vacuum, our ice maker miraculously started working again and obviously our internet is back up! So that just leaves the blender and the washing machine.
Here's a glimpse of what kept me sane during my last 8 days...

My piano man...
PS. Only 19 more days until my brother gets back from Iraq!

4 comments:

Jen Green said...

Man, I wish Japan and Arizona were down the street from eachother, then we could have play dates. Asher and Lola are so close in age they would play great together. He's cute! I'm happy for your bro coming home, what plane does he fly? My brother just finished up his first part of pilot training and will be stationed in England for 3 years.
Also I was wondering what kind of blender you had. We have a kitchen aid and it blends like a champ. If your looking for a new one to go with I would totally recommend it!

Chris said...

wow that is a lot of things to be broken at once! i think matt would be out on the roof with an antenna searching for wireless if our internet were down for that long...that's a funny picture of him huh?
anyways glad your back! love and miss you!

Lara said...

Love the pics of Asher playing the piano! He looks like a natural. :)
I am so glad your brother is going to be home in 18 days!
You have such a good attitude about all the things breaking, so glad things look like they are working out! The Lord surprises us in cool ways even when our things/life are falling a part!
Love ya friend!

KeriAnn said...

Love the 1st pic of Asher with the tilted hat on against the wall....so cute. Glad your internet is up and running. I also enjoy keeping up with people through this modern communication.