December 7, 2008

Half Marathon is OVER!

Well, it's over....I ran my race and now it's completed. I kind of can't believe it. I've been thinking about this and training for it for months and now it's past. But this is a good thing. I feel very accomplished and I'm very pleased with my performance and my time. Believe it or not, my left injured foot held up well and it was my arch in my right foot that really bothered me the last 5 miles. But I made a decision to push through the pain once I realized I was on pace to do the race in just under 2 hours. So I pick up my pace big time from mile 10 and on and managed about a 9 minute mile pace consistantly through it all! So like I promised, here are some cool pics from today's events! Thanks for all your support! I'm already considering doing another one at the end of March but that's to be continued....

running the last mile stretch!
My dad took this picture...



Last mile stretch and I felt pretty good!


I'm about to cross the finish line!


My sweet boy giving me a HUGE hug!


My lovely parents! they're so supportive!


My "other" parents whom I'm SO thankful for!



Asher was really distracted by this ambulence!

Our dear friends Kurtis and Lara came to be with me at the finish line and I am so grateful for their support, encouragement & prayers for my foot!
And last but not least, my awesome and supportive hubby whom I couldn't have done this without because he let me get up at the crack of dawn 4-5 days a week while he stayed home with Asher....I love you Curt!! Thank you for all your encouragement and for being proud of me!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Why do I see no sweat? :) Not only do you run 1/2 marathons, but you look so cute running them. So proud of you and your great accomplishment. I love the picture of you and your boy.

Peaby said...

Yeah Chels! That's awesome. You rocked it. congrats on the strong finish and pure determination over the last few months!

Lara said...

I am so proud of you! You ROCK! It was fun cheering you on and celebrating with you! Love you!

SaraJane Campbell said...

You rock Chels! I am so proud of you for finding a goal and sticking to it. Keep it up and lets talk for real soon!

Curt said...

You did so great!! I am very proud of you and your determination and discipline. Asher and I are so proud of you all the training was worth it. You are welcome for my part in all of this. I love you so very much Now when is the full marathon? ;)