After much prayer and consideration, Curt and I decided it is time for me to go back to work....at least part time! I had decided a while after Asher was born that I would rather eat broken glass than go back to work in the mental health field....I've been praying a lot lately about how I was going to break out into another field if I had no real expertise outside of mental health and criminal justice...in all my frustration and stress about it, I was frank with God one day and told Him that He would have to "figure things out for me"....of course, I am sure He laughed at me and smiled....maybe shook His head a bit! But in the end, a random door was opened to a totally new adventure and work field and I couldn't be more excited to see where this might lead me in the future....I will be working for a home furnishing store owned by a pastor who has a ministry in town called Gap Ministries (http://www.gapministries.cc/ )and the main reason he has this store is to support his full time ministry....he's super cool. More cool, though, is that my mom is the Interior Designer for his business! So I will be working with my mom and I can't wait! I start on Monday. If you want to get a better feel for the kind of store it is, check out the website at http://www.presencehome.com/index.html
I'll let you know how it is to go back to work after a year off! I know it will be an adjustment for Asher, too, but a good one at that!
3 comments:
I am officially almost done with my first week at starbucks...and although the 3am wakeup call is harsh...it has been really nice to be around adults...without kids..not a play date...just me..coffee ..and other people without kids. It's amazing...tireing...but amazing :) Best of luck! Praise God for an open door :)
jen
I hope you enjoy your new job! We will be praying for you and the fam during this new transition! Love ya!
Hi Chelsea!
Good luck with your first week back to work. Sounds like an ideal situation for you... part-time, no take home responsibilities, and an understanding mom to be with. That's great.
I went back to my full-time job as middle school English teacher after maternity leave. Let's just say, I'm still trying to get my feet under me. I love both the momma and teacher life, but it's a challenge.
Take care and good to find you! My hubby Jacob was asking whose blog I was looking at and I showed him your photo. He remembers you from Camp Team/Tadmor days (AKA Frisbee). :)
Becca
Post a Comment